Hoffenheim against Bremen. achtzehn99.de brings you all of the important facts and dates surrounding the Bundesliga game on Saturday, at 3:30pm, at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena.
- Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen have met on five occasions (four times in the Bundesliga, once in the DFB-Pokal). Bremen have come away with four victories, while Hoffenheim are yet to defeat their Bundesliga rivals.
- The Kraichgau team have lost neither of their two opening day games in the Bundesliga (one victory, one draw). Last season it was 1:1 against Bayern Munich, and the year before provided a 3:0 victory against Cottbus.
- A victory tomorrow against Bremen would allow Rangnick's team to celebrate their 100th point in the top flight in Germany. They are currently on 97.
- The green and whites are without an opening day victory in three years (two draws, one defeat). Last season saw them crash to a 2:3 home defeat against Eintracht Frankfurt.
- The Schaaf XI were involved in the last three Bundesliga goalfests - including a 5:4 success over Hoffenheim in 2008/2009.
- Hoffenheim are currently on a run of four Bundesliga games without defeat (three wins, one draw).
- Werder are also on a great run of Bundesliga form: five games without defeat, including four victories.
- The Bremen side have won four of their last five Bundesliga away games (one defeat).
- No Hoffenheim player has ever scored more than one goal against Werder. Ex-1899 player Joe Simunic has scored two against Bremen, but in the colours of Hertha Berlin.
- Ibisevic had to wait until the ninth league game last time around to grab his first goal. This time he has also got his first goals - a brace against Rostock in the Pokal.
- Claudio Pizarro needs just one goal to become the top foreign goalscorer in Bundesliga history. He is currently on 133 goals.
Print Page to top